http://www.integrated-marketing.co.za/http://web9.co.za/

THE CARNARVON MUSEUM

THE CARNARVON MUSEUMTHE CARNARVON MUSEUM
THE CARNARVON MUSEUMTHE CARNARVON MUSEUM
THE CARNARVON MUSEUM
CONTACT DETAILS

 

The Carnarvon Museum originally served as a community hall for the Dutch Reformed Church.   The hall was built in 1907 and when the new community centre was inaugurated in 1973, the hall was donated to the Municipality to be used as a museum.  Presently the museum hosts a large variety of antiques that were either donated or are on loan from community members.

One of the most valued articles on show is the old hearse that belonged to the Dutch Reformed Church and was donated to the museum when it was not longer in use.   The hearse was in the care of Frans Mans who was also the driver.   The wooden canopy of the hearse was built by a local Carnarvon carpenter, Mr Mocke. 

The corbelled house outside the museum is an excellent example of the many corbelled houses that can be found on farms in the district of Carnarvon.  This specific corbelled house was removed from the farm Biesiespputs near Carnarvon on the road to Loxton.   

THE CARNARVON MUSEUM
THE CARNARVON MUSEUM
CONTACT DETAILS
Where to stay
Where To Eat
What's Happening
Williston Winter Festival
Start: 30 August, 2018
End: 01 September, 2018
Photo Galleries